Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How To Deal With Hot Flashes

It is 37 degrees in Tampa. I get home tonight and I am thrilled to find that my heater is not working. The thermostat is blank. I flipped the breakers. Nothing. I go outside with a flashlight. There is no ice and the unit mocks me with its impotence. I call my neighbor that has his finger on the pulse of all that is home maintenance. He has a guy. I call the guy. He will be here at 0700. In the mean time, I have put on long underwear, a wool top, a sweat shirt, flannel pj bottoms and I have 2 blankets ready for action. I have also turned on the self cleaning function on my oven. My house will smell like shit but I will be warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!