Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bump it Up!

My friend...oh let's call her Lollie lives in the Boston area. We met years ago when we worked for at the same company. The company crumbled, but we stayed friends. We seldom see each other in person. We maintain the relationship on the phone and now with the wonders of Facebook. Lollie posted this tonight:

I'm told by Andrew that I need a bumpit so I can have pretty hair.

Andrew is her son--I think he is 5 or 6 now. There are various comments from friends (including me) wondering if the bumpit really works.This is what Lollie writes:


So funny! I had one in my hands at Walgreen's but picked up some sham-wow's instead!

I wish she would have called me first. I was dazzled by the Sham Wow™ commercials back in my chips and wine for dinner era. The Sham Wow™, Sham Sucks. Then Lollie wrote:


Scraps of felt. When I realized i'd been cheated, I felt myself morph into a cartoon lollipop.

If Lollie were a cartoon, this is what she would look like:





2 comments:

  1. the Bump it...Last year Madeleines' dance team wore the bump it. the big "hollywood" bumpits. Keep in mind that they have to wear exactly the same make up (colors and the way it is applied) and the hair MUST be identical. personally I thought it looked good on stage. kind of an over the top martianl-ike thing. Now I can always spot who is wearing one. even the little ones.
    ps I am scared to write to you now because of my typos and mis punctuation and non sentences. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Do not be scared little one--it is more in the situation when a man is trying to impress a woman vs. friend to friend! I was thinking of buying one and putting it in my hair before I go to the salon on Saturday to get my roots done!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!