Friday, January 29, 2010

The Golden Rule

I bought this cool little book today titled The Golden Rule (as expressed by cultures around the world). It is small and rectangular (looks like a ruler). I decided I will lay one on you right now...

"Deal with weaker states as you think it is appropriate for stronger states to deal with you  -Isocrates 436-338 BC"

I was looking through some old pictures I have in an accordion file. I found 3 cards from John that he sent while we were dating. One pledged,  "I will love you forever." Another talked about how he got hard whenever he saw me (ew). I can't remember the 3rd one. I put them back in the folder. I have destroyed pictures, emails, sold jewelry...that man is like herpes. He just keeps coming back!

I did not get anxious. I calmly looked at them almost like I was reading someone else's mail and then a thought creeped into my mind. I thought, "I should send these to Pao. I bet she has some with the same exact notes inside written to her." I was shocked that I had reverted to toxic Penelope. Almost immediately I shifted back to calm, cool, collected Penelope. That is why the Golden Rule book was a timely purchase...why I didn't shred the cards will be examined later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!