Friday, January 8, 2010

Canceling Match






I decided to cancel my membership on match.  As Polly so eloquently wrote to me the other night:

I think I have to drop off Match. It's using up too much of my energy and chips away at what is generally a healthy self-esteem. I mean, really, I don't even WANT to know these losers I get pissed at for winking then not replying.Your feelings on the subject, please.

I knew exactly what Polly meant.  The whole check off your body type thing--Ugh. Having to politely say “no thanks” to someone that you were not interested in.  Having someone not even bother to respond to you. I wanted to write a profile that read something like this:

I am a hybrid of curvy and athletic. I do Pilates and I can raise my legs up over my head.  What can you do mutha fucka? All of you large guys in your 40s looking for a slender, petite woman in her early 30s need to wake up!

Here is an example of me trying to be kind to a guy that I was not interested in that lives up in Brooksville:

Thanks for the wink
Hi,
I am looking for someone more local.
Thank you!

he said
January 05
tommy
IM only 35 minutes from you.....if u love the outdoors, my home is like a bed and breakfast place on 4 gorgeous acres...rethink ...tommy
you said
January 05

you said
January 05
RE: tommy
Hi,

I know where I live and I am very familiar with drive times. I try to be polite and respond.

Thank you


And then I blocked him! If Tommy was a cartoon he would look like this:




3 comments:

  1. Hysterical!! Loved that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And there is more! I got good material on match from Polly. I will post in soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! loved that one too! Match.com can go to hell! That is where I met the man who is the cause of the heartache and exactly how we left each other when I found out he was looking for the "woman for him" when i looked on his hisory on his computer when he was in Germany on business...and found his open match.com site and now I'm here reading your blog...let him find the bimbo of his dreams again and again until he eventually realizes I was one of those one in a million girls and he'll never get me back...i'm long gone!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!