Friday, January 15, 2010

Greenlight Card™


You all, know Polly, the Ex-Neighbor, Present Friend, Fellow Internet Dater and Graphic Artist Extraordinaire...well, her Internet dating site has launched (along with her friend Liz)! It is called Greenlight Card™. The idea was inspired in part by hearing (and experiencing) too many stories about people trying the online dating thing only to discover, when the "matches" finally met, that there was no chemistry between the two. That doesn't happen to members of GreenlightCard™.com because the whole idea is to start with the chemistry and move on from there. You can think of Greenlight Cards™ as a modern incarnation of the Victorian calling card--a way to let someone know you're interested, without resorting to scribbling your number on a cocktail napkin. 




I can not tell you how many times I have texted Polly over the last few months the message, "Just saw a cute guy, wish I had a GreenlightCard™." I have gotten the nads up to approach a guy on a plane (only once) by giving him my business card. By the time I finally handed it to him, I was babbling, blotching and sweating (dead sexy). I like this idea because you have already seen/met each other and the card does the talking. I have given you guys a small snapshot of the horrors involved with Internet dating (or "OLD" as the cool kids call it). This is just more feasible. I just saw a cute guy at Publix by the bakery. Wish I had a GreenlightCard™...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!