Friday, January 8, 2010

Marias on the Beach

I like to drive over to the beach and read a book. I usually go to Pass-a-Grille since I used to live there. I did that a lot when I first moved back and especially after I was laid off.  I was scrolling through some pictures and I came across these dated 12/28/2008:



Thinking back that was a rocky time. My severance had just run out and nothing says "Happy Holidays" like being unemployed. I had sat on the bay side and I noticed this couple walk across and set up their chairs. They had a great time watching the pelicans and laughing. I imagined they had been married 50+ years and had a big family full of kids, grand-kids and maybe even great grand-kids. In my people watching fashion, I deftly acted like I was taking pictures of the water while I took their pictures. I sent them to a couple of friends saying how cute they were.  When they got up to leave, they said hello as they passed me. I said, "Can I ask how long you've been married?" I added that they seemed so in love. They giggled and both tag-teamed as they told me the story that they had been married in their younger years and she was divorced and he was widowed. They both remained single for quite a while. They had met 13 years earlier and had only been married a few years.  I told the woman I was convinced I would never meet anyone again.  She told me that she met the love of her life (man in pictures above) when she was 60! He was obviously crazy for her.  It was a great moment.  Come to think of it--they were 2 Marias!

3 comments:

  1. I really like that story. Gives one hope that you can meet your perfect match at any time in life, but to be open to receiving that when it happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly JCH...you got an entry in the blog devoted to you! You are the man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Riiigghhhtttt! They were so into each other. It was great to see. It is funny--I usually sit on the beach and that day I decided to sit on the bay side. Divine intervention?

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!