Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jump, Jump...

So I have a new friend at work. We bonded when we were at training. There is something about 6 days together in a room with cokes, candy and pipe cleaners that bonds a group. I meet my new friend…oh let’s call him Paddy. Paddy is from Long Island. He is married with 3 kids which includes a cute 6 year old daughter that calls him every day whiles he’s away and leaves gut wrenching voicemails on his cell phone:  On speaker: Mechanical Voice--You have 1 new voicemail.  Sniffle, wimper, gurgle, “Ddddadddddyyy, whennnn areee you coming hommmmeee?” It was pitiful. Yet hilarious. Sidebar: Pipe cleaners?, you may ask.  Miss Brown is the director of sales training at my new job. We used to be training managers together. It is a known scientific fact that the adult learner likes to play with things while they learn, thus the pipe cleaners. Paddy is the kind of friend that sits behind you and mutters weird things under his breath so you look like the trouble maker when you are laughing in the front row.

I shared the blog with Paddy today. He feels there needs to be a Penelope Facebook page.  Too funny. So if Paddy were a cartoon he would look like this:





And his theme song is Jump Around by House of Pain.  I was going to embed it but I got tired readng the directions.  You know the words, I came to get get down, so jump outta your seats.  And jump around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!