Sunday, January 3, 2010

Musings about Match






More thoughts on match.com...

Yesterday I got an email on match from a guy that simply read, "Penelope, I like you..."

I'm my real name on there along with some numbers.  It sounds even creepier with "Penelope".  I kept my profile very minimal on match this time.  I have a cute picture my sister took of me.  I have on a dress that is a bit low cut but not in a slutty way.  I wanted to write back to "SweetSummerSweat69"--Hi Sweet Summer Sweat 69, You don't like me, you just like my boobs.  Love, P.  Which takes me in my stream of consciousness fashion to body type.  Match has nifty boxes you check:

                Slender
                Athletic and Toned
                Average
                A Few Extra Pounds
                Curvy
What a way to have you headed for the fridge before you even start.  I'm not slender.  I do Pilates and I can put my legs up over my head--does that constitute "Athletic and Toned"?  But there is that protective layer I've had for the last couple of years--now am I a few extra pounds.  But wait, I wear 36 D...am I curvy?  I suggest a new check box that reads:

                I work out, I'm not a stick figure and my boobs are real.
My friend Polly wrote this to me last night when discussing the body type:

I always put about average because I like to compare myself to those leaving McDonald's.

Funny, yet sad.  Polly rises above the typical McDonald's clientele.  I must go, "FulFil" just sent me a wink.  

p.s. I got an email from a gentleman last night who "Feels comfortable in a tux, jeans or at a nude resort."  Nice.

Penelope Disclaimer--What I write is the true (not a typo I mean THE TRUE).  I have changed the profile names (by a little bit) because I think it is really mean to make fun of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!