Saturday, January 30, 2010

Rewriting memories

I had a Lynn appointment yesterday. Ironically as I was driving to the appointment I saw Spencer walking a puppy. There he was in his cargo shorts and t-shirt. Thank buddha I was in my company car. The yellow mini sticks out like a sore thumb, but the racing blue Taurus deftly glides past old boyfriends without a second glance! I sent Sulie this email:

Subject: Spencer

Just saw him walking a golden retriever puppy on Beach Drive.

Her reply:

Poor Dog.

It was good though. I looked over at him. I thought for a flash to say "hello" but it was more so I could see the puppy. Heart rate didn't change. I observed his cargo shorts and dumb ass t-shirt with indifference (okay, maybe the "dumb ass" remark gave it some caring). I drove toward my appointment and I thought, "I used to spend a lot of time with that guy. He used to say mean things to me and I would get upset. Now, I feel nothing." Very cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!