Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Fun 6

I write most of my blog posts in my head. I get an idea, I outline it and think of my ending in my mind. I usually do it while I'm driving. I drive a lot with my job. I mostly write with my computer on my lap while I'm watching TV. Lots of times I get ideas when I am talking to my friends. A few days ago I found a crumbled piece of paper in the console of my car that had "Fun 6" scrawled on it. It was a note I had written after talking to one of my old managers. He lives in Dallas. We were talking about dating. He described to me how he has stopped being so picky. He used to be super picky. When he lived in Ft. Lauderdale he went for the typical Broward County type of girl : Blonde, big boobs, super skinny--you know the look. This day when we were talking on the phone he sighed and said, "Ya know, I would be happy with a Fun 6." He had dated for superficial reasons and it backfired. I knew exactly what he meant, thus the scrawled note. 

I've never like the number rating of system. Sidebar: Alex (known as the bald headed bastard, introduced earlier on the blog) once told me with a straight face, "You know, if you got your teeth done and boobs, you would be a 10." I was 28 and had not quite developed my backbone (or my boobs). I'm not sure what I said back. He went on to tell me how he would generously pay for these "improvements". Ironically, I am no longer the skinny girl I was at 28 and I now wear a 38 D (all mine thank you). I also had my teeth capped several years ago (with my own hard earned money). As a child, I was given tetracycline which causes graying of the teeth when given while they are still forming. 

But I digress, my friend had something with his Fun 6 comment. It made me think about what I look for in a guy...when I start the list in my head I keep going to the "nots". (you know--not a liar, not a cheater) I can hear Lynn telling me that the mind can't filter out the "nots".

I'm going to go eat my breakfast and ride my bike and see if that gets the "nots'' out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!