Sunday, March 28, 2010

Quotes

I was looking at my virtual friend, Sandy's blog just now. She has daily literary quotes on her page that I really like. Today was from Albert Camus: “I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.”

It reminded me that I met a friend for drinks while I was in Ft. Lauderdale. He commented that I never mention religion or God in my blog. I told him that was personal. He laughed out loud. Oh I'll write about ladyscaping and lying married men but I won't write about God!

Also reminds me...he mentioned something and said, "please don't blog about this." I only write about things that fit this criteria:
  1. If you are an asshole and I write about what you did so the rest of us can learn how to avoid you and your types in the future. If you fall into that category you get to keep your real name. 
  2. It's super funny and I give you a totally fake name like Boy #6.
  3. I ask my friends that have fake names on here if I can write about certain subjects. There are some repeat characters on here that their identities can be figured out and I would never write anything personal without their permission.
Check out Sandy's blog--the theme is about books, thus the name, You've Gotta Read This. She is a great lady--a Mom and a Wife that is very active in her community. It is about more than just books...

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to read a blog about me .... should be FASCINATING! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you! Thanks for giving me a shout-out! I will occasionally get comments on my literary quote of the day and I'm always surprised because I never pull up my blog and read it. Today's quote is a keeper for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JCH--you are famous on here! What are you talking about...you're already fascinating reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God I hope not. But if I ever lean in that direction I will assume you, Sulie, Jackie, Betty, et. al. will right my ship quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!