Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Psychic Income

I heard that phrase on the radio today. Psychic Income. The guy said it, but did not define it. I didn't need him to--I totally got it in the context of what he was talking about (i.e. a crummy paying job that he loved).

Psychic Income: the level of satisfaction derived from a job rather than the salary earned doing it.

I took a pay cut for the job I have now. I did it for the psychic income. I traded being on 4 planes a week, working for a wackjob,living in Marriotts, wondering if the taxi driver is going to hurt me, eating bad room service, drinking wine to go to sleep with the constant time zone changes, and feeling like a visitor when I got home (you get the picture--I saw Up in the Air and totally identified with the main characters) for sleeping in my own bed, eating food I cook, seeing friends/family, working for a guy great at a great company and actually feeling like I live in Tampa.

I'm going to remember Psychic Energy when I am balancing my checking account next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!