Saturday, March 13, 2010

Men and Smells

I love a Man that smells good. Conversely, I loathe a man that smells bad. I met Betty and another friend (thinking of code name and cartoon) for lunch at Macaroni Grill yesterday. Our waiter, Jeff, had on cologne that smelled like a combination of Brut and ASS. It was bad. I still have a headache. We did everything we could to keep him away from the table. Limited eye contact, telling him we knew what we wanted and spewing out our orders so he would write it down and vacate. 

Here he is...we had lots of rain yesterday but no flood warnings:
Yes, that would be a 3 inch gap between the bottom of his pants and the floor. 

It made me think of how smells remind me of guys from the past:
  • Drakkar Noir--1986 Tim (I will smell it at Macy's and it still reminds me of him)
  • Soap--1989 George
  • Cool Water--1992 Alex
  • Dillhole had a scent but I forgot it. I think that is good.
  • Whatever I liked that I bought him as a gift---2005 John (and I threw them all in the trash when I moved out. Chrome was one of them)
  • Chrome--Spencer 2008
I think it works the same for women. I used to wear Coco by Chanel everyday of my life (now I only wear it once in a while). Dillhole would tell me for years if he smelled it he would look up and expect me to be standing there. Now I'm a Hanae Mori girl. My Mom wore Shalimar. Anytime I smell it I get scared, happy, and sad all at the same time. It reminds me of smelling her as she would hug us goodbye before she and my Dad went out on a date. Shalimar reminds me of being left with a babysitter.

The boys loved Axe™.  They would beg me to buy them the latest scent when I went grocery shopping. I always said yes. They would run home and put it on and then ask me if they smelled sexy. Funny, yet disturbing.

My new favorite commercial:





1 comment:

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!