Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Operation: Liar

At first I was not going to blog about this--I just told Sulie on the phone, "I have changed my mind, I am going to blog the shit out of this." Note: this post will only make sense if you have read the blog from the beginning.

Before I weave my tale, I will tell you the reason I was initially not going to blog about this. It was 2 simple reasons:


  1. I'm embarrassed
  2. I get so many emails from strangers telling me that I give them hope. This story is a bummer...
So, everyone is familiar with Special Ops Boy and knows that I saw him last Sunday. It has always been a "no-strings" (more on that phrase later). He was going to be in Tampa and we agreed to spend the night together while he was here. I had blogged about how weird it is to get ready to see someone that is not a romantic interest (as in how much effort does one put forth).

Leading up to this meeting--I heard from SOB in the beginning of January. I hadn't talked to him in a while. He mentioned he was away at training and we emailed and did the web chat thing. He told me he was going to be in Tampa and we vaguely talked about getting together. He told me he was getting ready to be deployed again. One night I asked his sign. He replied he didn't know. I said everyone knows their sign. He still said he didn't know. I then asked his birthday and said it is easy to figure out the sign from that. I knew how old he was but we had never talked birth dates. He was coy (as he often was). I told him I would Google it and find it. It was all just idle chit chat. After we signed off I easily found his birthdate and emailed it to him. I didn't get a response, but that was not unusual.  While he was here I said, "you never replied to my email about your birthday. You're a Leo." He said,"because it was wrong." I laughed and said, "it was right." I said "I found it on your old divorce records and then I said his ex-wife's maiden name out loud (love me some myflorida.com). He went off on some lame thing that maybe it was his ex's birthday. He got a weird look on his face. It was dumb. I didn't really care and I let it go.

In the morning he asked me if I had told him he made noises or talked in his sleep. I said that I hadn't said that. He said he must have dreamed it. It was weird. I had a hard time staying asleep (I've blogged about this before). I kept waking up surprised to find a body next to me. It's kind of like when I used to travel a lot and I would wake up in a hotel and not remember where I was. It was so long since I slept with someone. I woke up around 0300, felt his presence and had a fleeting moment of who is in my bed? Crazy.

The night before he asked me about getting back out and dating. He said I should use my Greenlight Cards and get back out there. I talked about it and told him my fears. He was very kind and encouraging. I thought to myself, "this is an icebreaker that will give me the jump start to get back out there (you know the "there" I refer to).

He left early the next morning to go to the base and I seized the day. I got tons of texts and emails asking me how it went. I talked to close friends and posted a vague blog. There was a weird feeling I had and I could not put my finger on it.

That night (Monday) Sulie came over and we made dinner. She was asking how it went. We talked about me being more proactive with being in situations to meet guys, etc. I told her I had a weird feeling. I relayed the birthdate story. Sulie said that indeed was bizarre and told me to get my lap top. I went and got it and set it on the dining room table. Sulie blows me away when it comes to Internet searches. I'm good, but she ROCKS! Her fingers are flying and then I see her cheeks turn red. She looks over at me and turns the computer to me. Special Ops Bastard got remarried in January of 2009 (I had been with him off and on since June of 2008). There was the marriage record in Hillsborough County (county I live in). He had told me he moved to the D.C. area the previous October. Sulie watched me as I read the document. She asked if I was okay. I told her, "yes, but I can't believe he lied like this." She immediately started searching. We found the house records in Maryland and lots of other personal data. Sulie is a p.c. girl and I have a Mac. There are some subtle differences when opening new screens. I moved the lap top back in front of me and took over. I pulled up old documents to compare signatures with the marriage record. I am (was) so naive that I thought there was no way he was such a liar. He has an unusual last name but there are quite a few on the Internet.  I looked a couple of times to prove it was another guy with the same name.  The Queen of Red Flags could not be duped again. Sulie said, "Penelope, this is him."

It was getting late and I was exhausted. In hadn't slept well the night before (perhaps energetically I sensed I had a married, double-life living, mutha fucka in bed with me). We discussed if I would even bother telling him that I knew. I said I would sleep on it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!