Monday, March 1, 2010

Made you wait long enough...

I must say I never knew how many people truly rooted for me when it came to getting some. This morning I had several emails and texts with various forms of, "so....?????"

Well, you know Penelope don't kiss and tell. I will talk about the feeling, part but not the doing it part. Yesterday afternoon I started to get nervous. My sister and I went to Target. She noticed I was a bit testy. She said, "do you need to explore feelings?" That is Sulie code for "why are you being such a bitch?" I spewed--I worry about how I look naked, it's been so long, maybe I'm better off just staying home and watching a movie, followed by more neurotic ranting. My sister sweetly tells me she doesn't think of me that way, but thinks I look good naked. The laughter made me relax.

It was weird because he was going to spend the night. What about dinner? If this was a boy I liked, I would make dinner and pull out the stops. What do you do for a FWB (friend with benefits for my happily married readers)? It made me realize all the stuff you do when you dig someone. Getting the food they like, the drinks they like, dressing up, the right perfume...I got a bit confused because I knew I needed to prepare, but I wasn't sure how. It is different to prepare and get excited to see someone's appendage vs. getting excited to see the actual person. I don't mean that as a cut to Special Ops Boy. It is just the way it is.

As the clock ticked closer to the time he was supposed to get here I debated whether or not I should pour a glass of wine. I decided I was going to be unassisted by liquid courage. I had bought a kick ass nightie for the night. I left it in my drawer.

So for all the inquiring minds, I did it. I am now ready to move on to the next phase of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi. I moderate the comments--if you just want the comment for my eyes only let me know. Also, there is a drop down and you can select "anonymous." Thanks!